Saturday, March 27, 2010

On "This Week in Techno Music"

Whenever I meet anyone from Long Island, one of the first things I always say is "You guys have great radio stations." They always inquire as to which channels I tune into and almost always assume it is 106.1 BLI. While that station is preset 5 on my dial, my station of choice is always Party 105.3.

Unfortunately, few Long Islanders (at least the ones I've met) know about this station. But for those that I've crossed that do listen to it, we instantly have something in common: an absurd and irrational obsession with techno, trance, and house music. I'm not sure where my fascination with this type of music came from, but my hard drive is loaded with it. Anyway, since I've been home these past couple days, I've been listening and I found some great music during my long, aimless drives to nowhere (which are a big part of my life, as my hometown friends will attest, and will be explained in my next entry).

Anyway, some of my favorite new songs are listed here. Take a listen, even if you aren't into techno music. Also, a bunch of the videos are GREAT to watch, so if you can't stand the music, hit mute and enjoy the visuals.

M'Black - Heartbreak
*No video, but a great song.

Blake Lewis - Heartbreak on Vinyl
*I very much recommend watching this video because it is just a compilation of 80s and 90s movie clips. It is awesome. Put it on mute if you must.

Tiesto featuring Sneaky Sound System - I Will Be Here
*Amazing music video, amazing song. It is that simple.

Edward Maya & Vika Jigulina - Stereo Love
*This music video takes place in Greece - which is awesome - and no woman ever looked as good as Vika Jigulina while wearing rain boots. The lyrics are really great, too.

La Roux - Bulletproof
*Hilarious music video and pretty catchy song. I am 90% sure this artist is a woman.

Anyway, hope you enjoy these songs at least as much as I do. Philosophical post with depth maybe later tonight or tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment